my favorite place: long beach, CA

When I think about my favorite place, I always think of Long Beach located in southern California. My family and I used to live there before we moved to Oklahoma many years ago. I still have family there and we've gone back to visit many times. Other family members who also don't live in California have visited Long Beach the same time we do, so I have a lot of great memories associated with Long Beach. There is so much more to do in Long Beach, well, California in general. It's also a city with great diversity and unique places; I love the various types of restaurants and shops! Additionally, I am Cambodian and Long Beach is home to thousands of Cambodian people, so I feel a sense of community when I am there. There is even a strip in the city with markets, bakeries, shops, etc., named 'Cambodian Town' or sometimes 'Little Cambodia,' which is so cool! 

When my siblings and I visit, we love going to the beach to lay out, play volleyball, or swim. When we go at night, we love bonfires and making s'mores! 

An old photo I took in summer of 2013 when we went swimming at the beach in Long Beach. 



View of Downtown Long Beach with various shops, restaurants, and activities along the shoreline that we go to at least once whenever we go back. 
(Source: Wikipedia)







Comments

  1. Oh, Long Beach is fabulous, Soriyana! What a great place to have lived... and you have an excuse to keep going back to visit, which is even better. And it is so exciting to have a Cambodian student in this class: do you think you might want to do a Cambodian story project for this class? There have been some Vietnamese projects before, but never a project with stories from Cambodia. That would be really exciting! :-)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

the one where i write an introduction...

week 13 story: the revelers' search for death

comment wall