storybook favorites

I love reading books or stories of various genres because they can take you to a 'different' place. The three Storybooks that I enjoyed reading are not all the same. 

The first Storybook I read was called "Suitor Tests." The story is something I am familiar with because I've read similar stories or watched movies/television shows with similar storylines--light-hearted drama! The introduction got me interested because I wanted to know what the stories Caroline's loved ones were going to tell her as they try to calm her. I also loved the layout of the pages; it was easy to navigate through the different stories, or chapters, because they were listed at the top. The colors used in this Storybook were light and airy and went well with this topic!


My second favorite Storybook was called "The Demons of Latin America." The title alone caught my eye because I do like stories or plots that are scary/creepy/thrillers/mysterious. I thought the pages were designed well for the type of story because it was dark-themed. Again, it was easy to navigate through the different stories. The introduction made me want to continue reading. Additionally, the image of "La Llorana" added to the dark, ominous page. I enjoyed reading the stories because they were told from the point of views of these "demons," which most stories or movies/shows do not often do. 


The image of La Llorana included in this Storybook (Source: The Demons of Latin America)


Lastly, my third favorite Storybook was called "The Lovers of Zeus." It was easy to read and the main page was short and straight to the point regarding the Storybook's plot--I do love a good rom-com and I enjoy reading Greek mythology, which are two things this Storybook is comprised of! The topic was pretty similar to shows/movies that I have seen (like Gossip Girl, which is referenced in this Storybook), so that is one reason why I was attracted to this Storybook. Also, I've heard the stories about Zeus, so I was kind of familiar with the characters and their backgrounds. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

the one where i write an introduction...

week 13 story: the revelers' search for death

comment wall