time strategies
Time management is something I struggle with...in all aspects of my life. It's definitely something that I want to improve for myself. I thought it was interesting and different that we have a hand in creating our own schedules for this class, but I think it will help to keep us on track with assignments and due dates. I get to pick days/times that I think best fits my schedule and needs. Aside from being a student, I also have a job where I work almost full-time, so it can be challenging for me to stay on track with school. When I get home from work, I sometimes feel exhausted--mentally and physically--so it's difficult for me to get started on things I need to complete. But I always power through!!
I think bookmarking the class calendar of assignments for this class is a great time management tip because we get to see all the assignments for this semester. I could probably set it up to sync with my calendar on my computer or phone and have reminders set. I also love the idea of having extra credit each options each week, but for me, that would make me want to put off doing assignments because I know I can do extra credit to make up for it--sounds terrible, I know. For this class and other classes this semester, I really want to utilize the time management tip of working ahead! I know it's going to be a personal challenge, but I know it will be easier in the end.
I'm embarrassed to say that the article "11 ways unsuccessful people mismanage their time" basically describes me. But it serves as a reminder that I should change my habits and manage my time better. The article provided some tips to battle mismanagement, which could be useful for me. It also discusses how planning out, recording, and prioritizing--having a schedule--is important for getting things done and ensures you're not wasting time. Another article "The Myths of "Too Busy" also explains the importance of prioritizing one's time. A quote from the article stood out to me: "Prioritizing our time is something we make a choice about." I interpret it as we are in control of our day because we are in control of our schedule that we have a choice in creating.
I want to have better time management and one way for me to achieve this is by having a planner. I typically struggle with planners because I end up not using them, but I think one goal for me is to actually use and fill up a planner. Using a planner will help create a schedule for me to successfully complete tasks and/or goals.

Comments
Post a Comment