feedback thoughts

Giving and receiving feedback is a difficult thing for most people. I know for me, it is. Sometimes I’m a people-pleaser, so I hate having to give feedback because I don’t want to be viewed as the “bad guy.” On the other hand, receiving feedback is just as tough because I tend to overthink things and I let the negative views consume my thoughts. Although, I do see how feedback and making mistakes are important for learning and developing. It’s important to want to improve oneself in all aspects of life--school, work, home, relationships, etc. I feel like many people associate the word “feedback” with negative feedback, but forget that there’s also positive feedback that may have impact(s) on our developments. 

We can learn from our mistakes. Web Source

One article that I read titled “Silence the Critical Voices in Your Head” lays out steps for people who are prone to focusing on the negatives and how they can turn that into productivity, or something else that’s positive. When you have a negative thought, try to channel positive thoughts or look for positives. The author mentions how clients will ask for positive feedback, but will take notes when they are receiving negative feedback; it’s just as important to write down the positive feedback, which is a great reminder for how we (generally speaking) are doing, but those are also areas that can be improved and further enhanced. When we focus too much on the negative, we lose focus and productivity, which can impact not only you, but the people around you.

Another article I found interesting was “Feedback: what it is and what it isn’t.” The author doesn’t view feedback as being associated with praise or advice, rather, feedback is data or information telling you what happened as a result of you acting on a goal or task. There is no praise or advice on how to improve. The author views feedback as valuable information that people can learn from and utilize for their own benefit. It's just like the concept of learning from mistakes. I never really viewed feedback in this perspective, so I thought this article described a fresh and unique way of viewing feedback. 

Hannah Montana reminding us that "nobody's perfect." Web Source

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

the one where i write an introduction...

week 13 story: the revelers' search for death

comment wall