storybook plan
For my Storybook project, I decided I wanted to explore and retell the topic of Cambodian legends and tales. I think this is going to be a fun topic for me because I get to explore another side of my Cambodian/Khmer culture and there has never been a Storybook project with Cambodian stories in this class before!
The best way for me to format my Storybook is to create an anthology of separate Cambodian stories. Maybe it could be an introduction to Cambodian tales since I'm assuming that not many people are familiar with them. I feel like the stories I've read so far don't connect as much compared to other kinds of mythology (for example, Greek mythology), so it would difficult for me to create an overarching Storybook. Plus, it would be great to introduce readers to different Cambodian stories. I may want to lead the Storybook from a third-person point of view; a grandmother might be introducing these stories to grandchildren, but that's just one major idea.
One story that I want to use is the story of Rahu Chab Chann. Here is a link to the story.
- http://www.leisurecambodia.com/news/detail.php?id=244
![]() |
| A lunar eclipse, which in Khmer, is called Rahu Chab Chann when an eclipse of the moon occurs. Photo found on Flickr. |
- Link to story
- https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Robam_Moni_Mekhala
- http://sites.asiasociety.org/dancecambodia/sguide1.htm
- https://khmerlife.com/the-cambodian-myth-of-lightning-thunder-and-rain-prumsodun-ok/
- Link to story
- https://folkency.nfm.go.kr/en/topic/detail/5815

Comments
Post a Comment