famous last words: almost to the end

I feel good that I was able to get both parts of my readings and notes completed in one sitting rather than waiting until they are due like I normally do. I don't know why I don't just do that every time, but I am a creature of habit (and I procrastinate). I enjoyed the readings for this week because it was comprised of multiple different stories instead of one long story divided into smaller sections. I like to see the variety of stories and characters. I always try to refer to the note-taking strategies as I'm reading the stories, but I feel like my notes kind of end up the same each week. I want to try a new creative writing style, but I'm not sure how to go about that yet. I did some additional writing in my capstone class last night; it wasn't much or anything spectacular, but it was fun because we began to create/design a brochure for our "innovative" biology-related product. I honestly enjoy reading other people's stories because I get to see their creativeness and storytelling. It definitely is helpful for my storytelling and writing! I also love to see the kinds of stories they come up with. 

My other classes don’t require tons of writing at all. After this class, my capstone is the only other class that requires heavy-ish writing, but it’s more academic writing instead of creative writing. So far, this semester hasn’t been terribly stressful…(it’s the thought of graduating that is stressful.) None of my other classes really connect to this class, but I am taking an introduction and applications of Art Therapy course; both of these courses are somewhat related because they highlight my creative and imaginative side. 

Next week, I hope to complete all my work for this class before the deadline/don’t wait until the last minute. I want to do this for my other classes as well. Also, I want to start reworking my resume and putting in job applications! 😬

Picture of someone journaling/making checklists, of course, with coffee on deck.
Web Source: Wikimedia Commons

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

the one where i write an introduction...

week 13 story: the revelers' search for death

comment wall