week 8 comments and feedback
Giving and receiving feedback can definitely be uncomfortable to do, but I see the significance and benefits of it. Feedback allows us to hear what other people see or think from their perspective, which should encourage us to be/do better! This doesn't just apply to this class, but other classes and at work as well.
Looking through the comments I've received on my posts, I see that everyone is nice and encouraging. I haven't had much critical feedback yet (i.e. WWW/TAG feedback)...not sure if that's a good or bad thing, ha! So far, the comments have been positive and I've noticed people complimenting my storytelling style or descriptive storytelling, which is reassuring for me as I continue to write stories.
As far as giving feedback, the WWW/TAG techniques are helpful. I'd say my comments and feedback are of good quality, especially because I am using those techniques. I try to support other writers by mentioning my favorite parts or what I liked most as well as noting parts that I was unsure of. Sometimes giving feedback can be weird because what I perceive as confusing or what I think could be improved may not be what other people or the writer thinks, too. However, it's great reading other people's stories because it gives me ideas for my own stories and it's awesome getting to see their creativity and imagination.
As much as I loathe introductions, I think it's really fun and the comments are a fun aspect of it, too. It allows us to get to know each other; I think it's better this way than if we were doing in-person classes because most students (aka me) don't talk to every student in the class, so it's harder to get to know people that way. The introduction post was a safe way to say whatever you want to about yourself without any issues or worries.
So far, I don't think I want to make any changes to my Comment Wall or Introduction. I tried to make it as fun and light-hearted as possible. In my Introduction post, I included various facts about me that I thought many people could relate to (or not). Hopefully, my Comment Wall is welcoming with a picture of my cat, Oliver! I want to make sure I'm giving honest and helpful feedback as much as I can.
![]() |
| This image is really a reminder for myself. As I've mentioned before, feedback--giving or receiving--can be awkward and uncomfortable, but I shouldn't be scared or nervous to do it. It's all a part of a growing process in anything you do. Feedback allows me to be aware of myself and of others. I just have to remember that it isn't a personal criticism, but rather valuable criticism aimed to strengthen and encourage. (Web Source) |

Comments
Post a Comment