week 8 progress

Overall, I am pretty satisfied with my progress in this class so far. I am on track with the schedule for the most part; I do the work each week to maintain a good grade. I feel like I have a good weekly routine because it aligns with my schedule that I basically designed for myself at the beginning of the semester. The readings are probably the most enjoyable assignment just because I like to read and I love reading stories from different places. The writing assignments are also fun because it lets us be creative and kind of takes us away from the "real world" a little bit. I also enjoy reading other students' stories. I have only used the extra credit options a few times because I fell behind one night and did not complete the assignments. It is definitely helpful to bring your grade back up or just to boost it. I like the "check-in/connection" extra credit because it's important for students to take a break and check-in on themselves. It's great that we can post/vent anonymously if necessary; it's like a stress reliever tool. Also, I love seeing the posts on the padlet page. Extra credit reading (stories from online textbook and students' stories) and commenting are also enjoyable, too. My blog and project website are coming along great. I think they kind of reflect me and my aesthetic. I don't have any issues when it comes to posting on my blog or creating pages on my website. 

I want to do more of the extra credit options, so my grades aren't falling behind or I can even try to finish the course ahead of time. I appreciate that there are a variety of extra credit options, too. Also, I work ~30 hours outside of school, so there are times when I'm just tired and I don't feel like doing anything. That being said, I don't want to procrastinate and leave things for the last minute. If I have free time where I'm already working on assignments, I should work ahead of the schedule and knock it out in one go. Then, I don't have to worry about them later in the week after work and/or with other classes. 

Meme of a dog trying to get a cookie representing our progress this semester. We're halfway there.
(cheezburger)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

the one where i write an introduction...

week 13 story: the revelers' search for death

comment wall