week 8 reading and writing
Wow, week 8 is already here!
So far, I am having a wonderful experience in this class. Overall, I think the reading and writing assignments are going well. I enjoy the readings, but sometimes when I'm taking my reading notes, I feel like they are not sufficient. I try to utilize the note-taking strategies for every reading, too. The reading notes sometimes helps me and other times, it isn't useful for me when writing my story. I feel like I'm not "creative" enough, so then I struggle a little bit with starting my story. However, once I have an idea of what I want to write, I don't have issues writing the rest. Reading other people's stories helps me because I get to see different writing styles and storytelling that I may want to apply to my own stories. Feedback is also useful for my writing. It's really beneficial to see other people's feedback on other people's stories because I'll try to refer to them when I'm writing.
I'm also satisfied with my blog layout and project website so far. There are times that I want to rearrange my blog layout and theme for fun, but I know if I start that, I'll spend hours trying to perfect it. 😅 I love that we get to be creative and have fun with our blog and project website.
My favorite readings are ones with an anthology of short stories because I like to read different stories and I like the variety. I'd say the Saints and Animals unit from week 3 was my favorite so far. I also really enjoyed week 6's Twenty-Two Goblins reading.
I'm also trying to work on shortening my stories and not being too wordy. The first story I wrote is probably the longest one I've written so far, I think because I was trying to include too many details that weren't as necessary. I felt like I rushed the ending so that I wouldn't go over the maximum word count. I'm definitely going to take advantage of the tips given in this class to utilize for my writing.
![]() |
| I chose this image because it comes from one of my own favorite stories that I've written so far, "Harry vs. Draco" in week 3. Web Source |

Comments
Post a Comment